It was a dark and stormy... and colorful night - and I went out on my Holland Fahrrad to capture these images for you from the Berlin Festival of Light 2010.
The 6th Annual Festival of Light shines colorful lights and projections onto some of the most beloved sights of Berlin every night from 7pm to midnight, October 13 - 24.
Because I'm trying to squeeze everything into just one minute of video, I only visited a few of the lit-up sights. In the order of appearance:
- Neon Sign at Potsdamer Platz
- Berliner Dom (Berlin Cathedral)
- Fernsehturm (TV Tower) at Alexanderplatz
- Brandenburger Tor (Brandernburger Gate)
- Gendarmenmarkt with Deutscher Dom (German Cathedral), Konzerthaus (Concert House) and Französischer Dom (French Cathedral)
Instead of cutting this video to a piece of music, I thought you might enjoy hearing the voices of Berliners and out-of-towners as they discuss, photograph and try to find the best route to the next illuminated sight.
A very special thank you to Matt aka PictureReport (on Vimeo) for telling me about the Festival and for creating such inspiring photographs and videos. You will not want to miss the video he is making about this particular event.